NAIM Audio CD555 CD Player
The CD555 makes no attempt to play DVDs, DVD-As or SACDs. It does not have a digital output. Nor does it have a variable output. The CD555 simply plays CDs and at that it excels. We are confident that it is the best CD player ever.
Key features of this fabulous player include a separate power supply from a transformer secondary winding, which is triple regulated, right through to the critical master clock and de-jittering circuitry. Special attention has also been paid to reducing capacitive coupling of high frequency noise from other supplies into this super quiet clock supply through interconnect cables and wiring looms. Two Burndy interconnects between the power supply and head unit discretely carry the digital and analogue supplies, and extend the principle of reducing capacitive coupling between power supplies as far as possible.
Other noteworthy design features of the CD555 include:
- Machined, heavy, solid, transport tray to reduce resonance and vibration amplitude.
- High mass design to improve suspension characteristics, providing isolation from the chassis and other components.
- Low infra red reflective coatings around the CD to reduce eye pattern interference and noise.
- Extremely low inertia and low resonance CD clamp.
- Philips CD-Pro mechanism with a die-cast chassis.
- Very heavy brass sub-chassis – separate for digital and analogue electronics.
- Analogue stages, I-to-V conversion, filtering and output driver are built from discrete components.
- Seven-pole output filters.
- Separate low jitter clock circuit with its own multi-stage regulated power supply.
- Post-digital filter de-jitter circuitry to eliminate jitter.
- DAC’s are isolated from electric and magnetic fields.
- Motorised top loading door.
Naim CD 555 is a Reference Quality CD Player available from Pat’s Audio Art.
We will do our best to meet or beat our Canadian competitor’s prices for new and current products.
Please phone 604-569-2883 and talk to Pat.